Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Why start a Studio?

I started my studio, Poise Photography, because of my passion for capturing people's personality. I still can't believe I can stop time and relive a single moment again and again. A glance, a smile, a tear, whatever it may be, it's part of our journey called life.

I realized early on that I loved photography. Then, to my surprise, (after many classes and many hours practicing with Derek Geer, my mentor) I actually understood it. I understood how the camera sees things and how it works. All of a sudden, I understood how this tool worked.

It was in that moment that I knew I had to try to build a business. I knew that if I didn't at least TRY IT, I would always wonder if I missed out on an incredible journey that was meant for me.Now, only 3 1/2 years into business, I am so thankful I took the road unknown. I have had the pleasure to meet some wonderful people that I now call friends.

Thanks for checking out my page, I hope you will leave some of your thoughts :)

No comments: