Friday, July 30, 2010

What I'm reading right now...


My favorite part of packing for a trip is choosing the books that will accompany me.  It's like selecting which friends you will travel with.  Books, for me, contain some of the world's best ideas, secrets and stories.  Ideas can take me on a whirlwind of adventure.  At least, that's what I say in place of confessing to the truth about my ADD...and how sidetracked I can become over something sparkly...

Back to my point...um...books!  Right!  Reading LOTS of books makes me very happy :).  I love a good story and adventure.  I also love a good book recommendation...please reply if you have read a good book lately, and tell us what it was!

Here's a peek at what I've been reading lately, top to bottom:

Playing for Pizza, John Grisham:  a fun change from the twist-and-turns, edge-of-your-seat books he's known for.
Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert:  I am only a third of the way through it, but IT IS SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!  Throw caution to the wind and find out who you really are.
The Zookeeper's Wife, Diane Ackerman:  a more serious book about a family that hides people in their zoo from the Nazis.
Tender at the Bone, Ruth Reichl:  Ruth is one of my favorite authors, this book is about her growing up.  As an adult, she is a food critic and wrote a very funny book about her adventures in disguises so that she could critique restaurants honestly.  Check out:  "Garlic & Sapphires" for these great stories!  Bonus:  these books include her cooking recipes!!!

No comments: